Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin is here!

We welcomed our little pumpkin, Lucas Patrick, on October 26, 2011 at 8:22 am. While we were in Labor and Delivery, Z and I were trying to finalize our choice for a boy's name. We were both so certain that the baby would be a girl that we actually just stopped mid-discussion and agreed it was a moot point. Needless to say, we were very surprised when the doctor announced that he was a boy!

My L&D experience was a very positive one this time around (I'll try to get around to posting a full birth story soon) that involved me progressing from 4 to 9 centimeters in about 45 minutes (I really love the person who invented epidurals). It all ended with our 8 lb 12.8 oz, 21.5 " son. Recovery is going well and all in all we just feel extremely blessed.

And now, pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment